Monday, August 11, 2008

LIKE A HAMPSTER ON A WHEEL

Do you ever have those days, I'm sure that you do, where you are running from hither to yon 90 miles per hour, all day long and never get anything accomplished. Well, I call those my hampster on a wheel days.

Lots of days are like that for me lately. Well at least since summer vacation started.
I know that it is because of my little tornadoes who require that I do everything for them. It is my fault I know, because I have parented them out of guilt for the way I didn't parent my older two. Not exactly proud of that fact, really. I have a lot of work to do to repair this whole business, or I will spend the next 15 or so years, talking to myself in grocery stores, Drs. Offices, Libraries and the like. Horrified by my inability to control my children. I know that the problem is with me, acceptance. Not easy to look at my inconsistencies and remember that I ignored behavior for awhile. It will take time and patience and yes hard work. I am happy that I have the chance to try again.

Simple thought:

Everything in life that we really accept undergoes a change. ~~Katherine Mansfield ~~

1 comment:

The Pastoral Princess said...

It's like eating an elephant. Just take one bite at a time and pick your battles!